There’s nothing better than a week or two in the sunshine with your loved ones. Whether you like sight-seeing in historic towns or cities, partying the night away in exotic venues, or relaxing with a good book on a sun lounger by the pool or the beach, it can be amazing to get away from the hustle and bustle of work and daily family life at home and relax and enjoy time away.
And a holiday abroad is made even better if you don’t have to travel far from home to get to the airport! Fortunately for those of us in Wales and South West England, our local Cardiff and Bristol airports offer huge lists of international flights throughout the year.
For the destinations you can fly to from Cardiff this summer, go here, and for the destinations you can fly to from Bristol Airport this year, scroll down. You can find the best places to park for Bristol Airport here.
Among the new routes for 2022, Jet2.com and Jet2Holidays now offer a weekly flight on a Tuesday from Bristol Airport to Malta. The travel company also added additional services during the winter season 2021 to 2022, many of which are set to continue into the summer, including two weekly services to Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt and to Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands. The travel agents also added three weekly services to Lanzarote and four weekly services to Tenerife to their offerings, as well as flights to Faro and Madeira in Portugal, Paphos in Cyprus and Antalya in Turkey.
Read more:Cardiff Airport: 24 destinations you can fly to from Cardiff in April and May
Where can I fly to from Bristol Airport?
UK & Ireland
If you don’t want to channel too far for your holiday, you can fly to Newcastle and four airports in Scotland: Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness, from Bristol. You can also jet off to Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man, Belfast in Northern Ireland and Dublin and Knock in Ireland, from Bristol Airport.
Bristol Airport has flights throughout the year week to a huge range of European destinations. In alphabetical order by country, these are:
- Austria (Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna)
- Bulgaria (Bourgas, Sofia)
- Canary Islands (Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife)
- Croatia (Dubrovnik, Pula, Split)
- Cyprus (Larnaca, Paphos)
- Czech Republic (Paphos)
- Denmark (Copenhagen)
- Finland/Lapland (Enontekiö, Ivalo, Kittilä, Rovaniemi)
- France (Bergerac, Béziers, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Chambery, Grenoble, La Rochelle, Limoges, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Paris, Toulouse)
- Germany (Berlin, Cologne, Frankfurt)
- Greece and Greek Islands (Athens, Corfu, Crete, Kegalonia, Kos, Lesvos, Preveza, Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, Skiathos, Thessaloniki, Zante)
- Hungary (Budapest)
- Iceland (Reykjavik)
- Italy (Catania, Milan, Naples, Pisa, Rome, Turin, Venice, Verona)
- Latvia (Riga)
- Lithuania (Kaunas)
- Malta (Luqa)
- Netherlands (Amsterdam)
- Poland (Gdansk, Katowice, Krakow, Poznan, Rzeszow, Warsaw, Wroclaw)
- Portugal (Faro, Lisbon, Madeira, Porto)
- Romania (Bucharest)
- Sardinia (Olbia)
- Spain (Alicante, Almeria, Barcelona, Bilbao, Girona, Ibiza, Madrid, Majorca, Malaga, Menorca, Murcia, Reus, Seville, Valencia)
- Switzerland (Basel, Geneva)
- Turkey (Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Izmir)
Rest of the world
Outside of Europe, you can also fly to the following places from Bristol Airport:
- Cape Verde (Sal)
- Egypt (Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh)
- Morocco (Marrakech)
- Mexico (Cancun)
- USA (Orlando)
You can begin your journey in Bristol, change flights at an European airport (Frankfurt and Amsterdam offer 200+ connections, and there’s six connecting flights available from Dublin) and then continue your journey on to the following destinations: , Argentina (Buenos Aires), Belgium (Brussels), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), Canada (Toronto) Germany (Hamburg, Munich), South Africa (Cape Town, Johannesburg), UAE (Dubai), and USA (Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Washington).