Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have waved off their first flight to Izmir from Bristol Airport this morning (3rd May), celebrating the launch of the brand-new route for Summer 22 from the companies’ newest base.
The busy flight marks the start of the leading leisure airline and UK’s leading tour operator to many destinations across the Mediterranean, including Turkey, operating weekly Tuesday services to the Turkish city from Bristol Airport this summer from 3rd May to 1st November.
In addition, the companies will launch their new route to Bodrum from Bristol Airport on 5th May. Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate weekly Thursday services to the popular Turkish destination from 5th to 19th May, increasing to up to two weekly services (Monday and Thursday) from 30th May to 31st October.
The addition of Izmir and Bodrum to Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ Summer 22 programme means the companies are operating to four Turkish destinations from the base this summer – Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman and Izmir.
In yet more good news, the companies’ inaugural flights to Girona (Costa Brava), Larnaca, Costa de Almeria, Reus, Halkidiki, Malta and Verona from Bristol Airport will also depart for the first time this month and in early June. Jet2.com and Jet2holidays launched a new route to Alicante on 1st April too. The start of services to these popular sunshine destinations from the base comes in response to strong demand from local customers and independent travel agents for Summer 22 flights and holidays.
In addition to Izmir and Bodrum, the full breakdown of the Summer 22 programme to these new routes from Bristol Airport is as follows:
- Girona (Costa Brava) – weekly Saturday services operating from 28th May to 29th October.
- Alicante – up to three weekly services (Monday, Friday and Saturday) operating until 19th November, increasing to up to four weekly services (Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) from 29th May to 5th November.
- Larnaca – up to two weekly services (Monday and Friday) operating from 27th May to 31st October.
- Costa de Almeria – weekly Wednesday services operating from 1st June to 26th October.
- Reus – up to two weekly services (Monday and Thursday) operating from 12th May to 31st October.
- Halkidiki – weekly Wednesday services operating from 1st June to 5th October.
- Malta – weekly Tuesday services operating from 31st May to 1st November.
- Verona – weekly Wednesday services operating from 11th May to 28th September.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have 33 sun and city destinations on sale across the Mediterranean, Canary Islands and Europe for Summer 22 from Bristol Airport. With 83 weekly flights available during peak times from Bristol Airport for Summer 22, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist are offering local customers and independent travel agents unrivalled choice and flexibility when it comes to booking or enjoying a much-needed getaway to their favourite summer destinations.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We are delighted to see our first flight take off to Izmir today from our newest UK base, Bristol Airport. It is fantastic to be operating to this popular sunshine destination from Bristol Airport, as we know that this new route will prove popular with customers and independent travel agents in the region. As well as taking off to Izmir for the first time from Bristol Airport today, we are pleased to be offering a further nine new routes from the base for Summer 22, on top of an unrivalled programme to other popular sunshine favourites. With 33 sun and city destinations on sale this summer from the Bristol Airport, we are giving customers and independent travel agents huge choice when it comes to enjoying a holiday with our award-winning airline and tour operator.”